Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Morning Smoothie


Sunday Morning Smoothie 
This morning, I decided to have a protein smoothie for breakfast.  My smoothies never
follow a particular recipe (except once when I tried to follow a recipe.  But after several
days of shopping at different stores trying to find the special ingredients-with no luck-I
decided to go back to my way.). My recipe is always just simply recipes of
experimentation. 
I make different types of smoothies: protein smoothies, fruit smoothies and green
smoothies. And as I've mentioned before, I always use what I have on hand. Sometimes
the "experiment" turns out yumilicious and sometimes they turn out, well, not so great. 
This morning was yumilicious.
I used *1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder, a handful of
 
frozen blueberries, most of a whole frozen banana, 4 cubes of frozen plain yogurt (which
 
I freeze when the yogurt is getting close to it's expiration date), 4 frozen strawberries, 1/2
 
cup of apple juice and 1/2 cup of water. At the last minute (and why it's not pictured) I
 
decided to add a tablespoon of ground flax seed for more fiber. I popped all the
 
ingredients in my ninja blender and voila! Breakfast!
Now, I may never make this exact "recipe" again. But only because being the frugal girl
that I am, if I don't have this combo of ingredients on hand again, it ain't gonna happen.
But...there's always tomorrow, and I still have the ingredients...
 
Have a great day y'all!~TJ 


*I purchased all these products myself

No comments: