Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fifty Days to 50~Day 2

Today I want to add in and focus on hydration. I do drink water, I like water, especially with a bit of lemon squeezed in, but I want to start beginning my day with lemon water...before the coffee. That may be a challenge in my foggy morning state to actually do the lemon water before my auto pilot brain pops in that K-cup & hits "brew" but, I CAN and WILL give it a go!

I've read that warm lemon water to begin your day (and probably at any time of the day) is great for our livers. And our livers are working overtime in our toxic, polluted society. Add in a bad diet (I'm only pointing a finger at myself here) and it could spell disaster if our liver decides it can't handle even...one...more...thing to process one day.

So, in addition to my

1) 10 minutes of daily exercise (I guess I should've added yesterday that I meant the kind that will get me breathing hard, challenging my muscles and ewww, maybe even perspiring a little.)

I will add

2) Starting my day with 8 ounces of warm lemon water AND continuing to hydrate throughout the day. Water rich fruit & veggies count in the equation, coffee & teas don't (they actually dehydrate from what I understand, acting as diuretics)
*(which I did not do this morning ):  ~~~being honest...totally forgot due to early morning fog. Brain fog! I'm just not a morning person.)

Is anyone with me on this journey?!

Yesterdays update:

I did a few more exercises as the day went on, a couple of squats here and there and raising up & down on my tip-toes while folding laundry. It's the little things, right?!

No comments: