Thursday, February 21, 2013

Use it Up; Wear it Out

Due to the fact that I have so much stuff, I have decided to try and focus on using up what I've got, finishing things off, rather than running out and buying MORE. What a concept, huh?

There have been seasons in my life where I had not option but to do just that. As a single mom of three little kids for many years, the funds were simply not there to spend frivolously. Times have changed. Two of my children are grown and supporting their own lives now and the last one is almost grown as well. I have remarried and we are doing well. And now I find myself with stuffed closets and cabinets and drawers full of, and overflowing with, the likes of cosmetics, lotions & potions & clothing. Yes, I am blessed. Sometimes though, a blessing can become a curse if we are not careful.

So, all that being said, I am working on finishing things. Right now I'm on the last bit of a toothpaste tube and a container of blush. Not long ago I surgically removed the very last bits of a tube of Jergen's Natural Glow Body Moisturizer and felt very triumphant as I threw the container away. But before that, I had become a collector of self tanners. That's when I knew I had a problem. And that's when I knew the madness must stop.

I have always been good at trying to use up the last bits of food and scrape containers, cans and bottles til they squeaked. So why not apply that to other areas as well?

I'll keep ya updated. Wish me luck & focus!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a blissful day!  

No comments: